Another pretty award for my display case! Stephanie, at Mommy, for real has awarded me the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Now, while I know these blogger community awards aren’t going to get any feet into any doors, it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling to get one because it means that a fellow blogger loves my blog and that’s a pat on the back I’ll take any day. Especially from Stephanie, whose blog you have to visit. Go on, I’ll wait… The rules of this award state that I have to reveal 7 facts about myself that you may not know. Since this is a blog all about me and below are 7 facts from last time, this is gonna be tough. But here goes: 1. I have had 6 car accidents. All my fault. One in the driveway. Two in the garage. Three with inanimate objects. And I still maintain that I am a good driver. 2. I think it is hilarious when people fall down. Or hit their heads. This includes my children. I can’t help but lose control laughing. I’m horrible. 3. My 3 kids existed in my heart 25 years before they were born. 4. I grew up believing I was my parents’ favourite and discovered in adulthood that my siblings grew up equally deluded. 5. I doubt my parenting every single day. 6. I am sad a lot. But, I smile all the time, regardless. 7. I am a craptastic housekeeper. Now, who do I nominate to receive this award from moi? bwahahahaha – the power is intoxicating…. You MUST read these blogs. Really. 1. A Mother Life 2. Four Plus An Angel 3. Momaical 4. Shannon Lell Have a gorgeous day! This is why I feel special today. Terry over at 8 Kids and a Business has nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and The Commentator Award. I am totally delighted and honoured, especially since these awards are coming from a mother of 8 (yes, you read right), a wife of 27 years, a Registered Nurse and the owner of a nursing foot care business. This is a mum who has it all and has it all together. What a woman! This is her story. As with all blogger awards, here’s how this works. I have to:
- display the award logo on my blog
- link back to the blog of the person who nominated me
- state 7 things about myself
- nominate other bloggers and link to their site
- notify the other bloggers of their nominations and tell them the requirements (I always forget that part)
- I love UFC and WILL one day get my black singlet in BJC Muay Thai.
- I am a terrible dancer and this really bothers me.
- I am not a feminist and have no intention of ever burning a bra.
- I forgive freely and liberally. Unless you hurt my child.
- I can’t stand school holidays and think mothers who love being with their kids 24/7 MUST be lying. Or insane. This makes me feel guilty.
- I don’t know who Snooki is. I gather she is useless.
- I am not cool and I still don’t fit in with the ‘cool kids’. Wish I could go back and tell my younger self to stop worrying about this. That one day she’ll wake up, realise she still isn’t cool and that’s just fine.