Another pretty award for my display case!
Stephanie, at Mommy, for real has awarded me the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Now, while I know these blogger community awards aren’t going to get any feet into any doors, it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling to get one because it means that a fellow blogger loves my blog and that’s a pat on the back I’ll take any day. Especially from Stephanie, whose blog you have to visit. Go on, I’ll wait…
The rules of this award state that I have to reveal 7 facts about myself that you may not know. Since this is a blog all about me and below are 7 facts from last time, this is gonna be tough. But here goes:
1. I have had 6 car accidents. All my fault. One in the driveway. Two in the garage. Three with inanimate objects. And I still maintain that I am a good driver.
2. I think it is hilarious when people fall down. Or hit their heads. This includes my children. I can’t help but lose control laughing. I’m horrible.
3. My 3 kids existed in my heart 25 years before they were born.
4. I grew up believing I was my parents’ favourite and discovered in adulthood that my siblings grew up equally deluded.
5. I doubt my parenting every single day.
6. I am sad a lot. But, I smile all the time, regardless.
7. I am a craptastic housekeeper.
Now, who do I nominate to receive this award from moi? bwahahahaha – the power is intoxicating….
You MUST read these blogs. Really.
4. Shannon Lell
Have a gorgeous day!
This is why I feel special today.
Terry over at 8 Kids and a Business has nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and The Commentator Award.
I am totally delighted and honoured, especially since these awards are coming from a mother of 8 (yes, you read right), a wife of 27 years, a Registered Nurse and the owner of a nursing foot care business. This is a mum who has it all and has it all together. What a woman!
As with all blogger awards, here’s how this works. I have to:
- display the award logo on my blog
- link back to the blog of the person who nominated me
- state 7 things about myself
- nominate other bloggers and link to their site
- notify the other bloggers of their nominations and tell them the requirements (I always forget that part)
Here are 7 things you might not know about me:
- I love UFC and WILL one day get my black singlet in BJC Muay Thai.
- I am a terrible dancer and this really bothers me.
- I am not a feminist and have no intention of ever burning a bra.
- I forgive freely and liberally. Unless you hurt my child.
- I can’t stand school holidays and think mothers who love being with their kids 24/7 MUST be lying. Or insane. This makes me feel guilty.
- I don’t know who Snooki is. I gather she is useless.
- I am not cool and I still don’t fit in with the ‘cool kids’. Wish I could go back and tell my younger self to stop worrying about this. That one day she’ll wake up, realise she still isn’t cool and that’s just fine.
Here are the blogs I’m giving the awards to:
If you have the time, have a look at these blogs – funny, heart-warming and in Suri’s and Honest Toddler’s case – downright hilarious.